Arts Habitat Seeking Qualified Candidates for our Board
Arts Habitat of Edmonton is a non-profit company engaged in finding, managing, and developing space for the arts in Edmonton. As a board member, you will help to foster the connections and exchanges needed to nurture, advocate for, and build vibrant, healthy, creative arts spaces.
Arts Habitat’s Strategic Goals
BUILD (Property Development and Management)
Arts Habitat will build sustainable, appropriate, and affordable spaces for the arts.
ADVOCATE (Stakeholder Engagement and Education)
Arts Habitat will advocate for arts spaces and places in Edmonton.
GROW (Organizational Resilience)
Arts Habitat will evolve our organizational expertise, capacity, and opportunity for excellence in arts space development within a creative ecology.
We are seeking members with the ability to think practically as well as conceptually, have a high level of previous Board experience, have extensive community contacts, a variety of viewpoints, and an appreciation of Edmonton’s arts community. Each board director serves for a three-year term, that begins June.
The Board encourages an expression of interest from persons with the following attributes:
- Experience and contacts in the building industry.
- Property development or real estate experience
- Broad legal experience and, in particular, expertise in leases and other aspects of property law.
- Artists to provide perspective from the community.
- Expertise in marketing, communications and advocacy.
- Finance and/or accounting background
- Fundraising and fund development
- Government relations
If you would like to be considered for a position on Arts Habitat Board, please submit a short (250 word) expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about Arts Habitat, please visit artshab.com.
Deadline for submissions is April 15, 2019.