Arts Habitat Encourages Expressions of Interest for Board Positions
Arts Habitat is a non-profit enterprise that leads in advocating for, building, and managing, appropriate and accessible spaces for the arts in Edmonton and area. Our board members, help foster the connections and exchanges needed to nurture, advocate for, and manage vibrant, healthy, creative arts spaces.
Arts Habitat will achieve its Vision and Mandate by actively pursuing three strategic priorities:
Building appropriate and accessible spaces for the arts.
Engaging the community and advocating for art spaces.
Developing organizational capacity and resilience.
We are always open to submissions for members with the ability to think practically as well as conceptually, who have a high level of previous Board experience, have extensive community contacts, a variety of viewpoints, and an appreciation of Edmonton’s arts community. Each board director serves for a three-year term, which begins June.
The Board encourages the expression of interest from persons with the following attributes:
- Experience and contacts in the building industry.
- Property development or real estate experience
- Broad legal experience and, in particular, expertise in leases and other aspects of property law.
- Artists to provide perspective from the community.
- Expertise in marketing, communications and advocacy.
- Finance and/or accounting background
- Fundraising and fund development
- Government relations
If you would like to be considered for a position on Arts Habitat Board, please submit a short (250 word) expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.