Dream of Better Arts-Based Space?
An Edmonton Southwest Community League Reaches Out to the Arts Community for Partners or Tenants in a NEW Building Project.
Partners and tenants will be encouraged/expected to inform building design plans.
Do You Need Arts-Based Space?
The Oak Hills Community League is seeking to start a conversation with future artsbased tenants and partners in the development of a new 6000 sq. ft building in Terwillegar District Heights Park. The proposed location is adjacent to the new Osborne Theatre, Terwillegar Recreation Centre, Lillian Osborne and Mother Margaret Mary High Schools, Archbishop Joseph MacNeil Elementary School and Leger Transit Centre in Terwillegar on 23 Avenue in southwest Edmonton.
On behalf of Oak Hills Community League, we are calling for brief Expressions of Interest (EOI) from Edmonton arts-based organizations, groups and artists.
The brief EOI should include:
- Description of your organization’s activities and contact information;
- Public programs you currently offer or would like to offer (if applicable);
- Current public program attendance (if applicable);
- Square footage of space required;
- Any special purpose-built arts requirements/equipment (i.e. sprung floor, power/kilns, acoustics, ventilation, etc.);
- The rent/lease your organization/group can afford; and
- Brief description of any funding or capital support you may be eligible for (i.e.Canada Cultural Spaces, other grants or sponsorships devoted to space developments or improvements).
Successful partners and/or future tenants will be expected to inform the design plans for the building. Although we encourage brevity on this preliminary expression, the document will still be accepted if it exceeds one-page.
The first Open House for input will be held on March 7, 2019. Check the Oak Hills Community League website for time and place TBD.
Deadline for EOI’s March 6, 2019.
Please email your EOI as a Word document, PDF or in the body of an email to Arts Habitat at: email@example.com
Questions? Please contact:
Susan Pointe, Terwillegar Resident and Arts Habitat Board Member
780 719 9044