At the beginning of April, fifteen nonprofit organizations operating 38 creative hubs and other multi-tenant facilities serving artists and cultural organizations across Canada reached out to our federal government requesting emergency stabilization funds and programs to incorporate funding specifically for creative hubs.
Arts Habitat welcomed the opportunity to join our national colleagues to ensure support for the many organizations who offer quality affordable space and opportunities for collaboration that sustain thousands of organizations, independent artists and creative enterprises around the country. The organizations included:
- cSPACE King Edward, Calgary, AB
- Arts Habitat, Edmonton, AB
- 221a, Vancouver, BC
- Arts Factory, Vancouver, BC
- BC Artscape, Vancouver,
- BC Artspace, Winnipeg, MB
- Centre Culture Franco-Manitobain,Winnipeg, MB
- Ateliers créatifs, Montreal, QC
- La Coopérative Méduse, Quebec, QC
- Centre Culturel Aberdeen, Moncton, NB
- The Convent, Sydney, NS
- The Tett Centre for Creativity and Learning, Kingston, ON
- Akin, Toronto, ON
We were please to see the federal government respond to this with the Emergency Support Fund for Cultural, Heritage and Sport Organizations.