Thank you for your inquiry about becoming a member of the ArtsHub 118 Co-operative!
Please read this entire page, as it will outline the application process for you.
Our current monthly shares (rent) for a live/work studio is $875 + $10 for parking.
Criteria to qualify as an artist:
We define a professional artist as someone
- Who has specialized training in his or her field (not necessarily in academic institutions)
- Who is recognized by his or her peers (artists working in the same artistic tradition)
- Who has a commitment to devoting more time to artistic activity if financially feasible
- Who spent more time at their art than at any other occupation
- Who has the ability to articulate short and long-term goals regarding their artistic endeavors
Criteria to qualify as a Non-Profit Arts Professional:
We define a Non-Profit Arts Professional as an individual who has been employed on a full or part time basis for a minimum of 2 years by registered non-profit arts organizations and whose career has demonstrated a commitment to the field of arts and culture.
Criteria to qualify as a Cultural Industry Professional:
We define a Cultural Industry Professional as an individual who has been employed on a full or part time basis for a minimum of 2 years by cultural industry organizations and whose career has demonstrated a commitment to the field of arts and culture.
Applicants do not have to meet all the criteria in order to be considered an artist, non-profit arts professional or cultural industry professional; however, the Membership Committee will use the criteria as a guide with which to make the determination of eligibility. The decision of the committee is binding
2019 Income Maximum on Move-in:
The maximum household incomes on move-in are:
- 1 person $37,701
- 2 person $57,237
- 3 person $61,706
Each household must purchase $2,000 in member shares. Five hundred dollars must be paid upon membership approval. The balance can be paid over time in accordance with an agreement entered into between the member and the Cooperative.
Membership Approval Process:
- You must submit your up-to-date artist resume detailing professional qualifications, education and any other relevant experience. and the application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: the Applicant’s annual income and Co-applicant’s annual income (Line 150 from your previous year’s tax form) MUST BE FILLED IN ON THE APPLICATION FORM. Your application will not be processed without this information.
2. Once your application and artist resume has been received, the Membership committee will review it. If you have been selected for an interview, the Membership committee will contact you to set up a time
3. If you are offered membership at the ArtsHub 118 Cooperative after your interview, you will be required to submit your previous year’s notice of assessment from the Canada Revenue Agency to our property management company, Communitas. email@example.com
4. Once your application has been approved, a credit check and property insurance must be submitted.
Should you have any questions or concerns, you can contact the membership committee at the information provided below. We look forward to meeting you!
ArtsHub 118 Membership Committee
Important Contact Info
Membership Committee at ArtsHub 118 Communitas
Submit your application and resume Submit your Notice of Assessment